We often read on how to dress up according to our body shapes.
We believe these four body shapes are not foreign to you, but what about knowing your body type and the kind of exercise that suits you best?
There are three types of body in fitness, knowing your body type will help to determine the workout that gives you maximum results. But remember everyone is different, you cannot be J Lo and wanting to look like Kate Moss, but what you can do is to eat and exercise right to achieve the perfect body shape according to your body type.
Cheryann is an Ectomorph. Ectomorphs tend to look very lean (or skinny) and are often underweight. Many girls would love to be ectomorphs because they have high metabolism and it is very difficult for them to gain weight. Ectomorphs also have difficulties gaining muscles. Examples of such body types are Kate Moss, Cameron Diaz and Song Joong Ki (hahaha)!
Tips for Ectomorph:
- We have seen so many Ectomorphs running on treadmills and on the roads, but it is really not necessary unless you want to train your endurance.
- Increase strength training by lifting heavier weights. You can take longer breaks in between training.
- If you want to gain weight, eat more fats like salmon, avocado and nuts. You can also have more carbohydrates and higher calorie intake as compared to the other body types.
Endomorphs are the complete opposite of Ectomorphs. These people look larger, have large appetite and find it most difficult to lose weight. They may also face the issue of underdeveloped muscles due to fat accumulation. Examples of such body types are Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian and Jack Black.
Tips for Ectomorph:
- You definitely need cardio and lots of them as it can help to burn the fats away. But if you are a regular jogger and you can’t seem to slim down, you might be burning more carbohydrates than fats already. We will share on optimal running speed for the best fat burning performance in the next article.
- High repetition training with shorter rest interval.
- Compounding weight training to increase calories burnt.
- Clean eating is a must for endomorphs with lesser carbohydrate intake and no processed food.
- Smaller portion but more frequent meals will help to curb your hunger pangs.
Elyn is a Mesomorph. This type of body is ideal. They have large frame due to bone structure but small waist and low fat percentage, which also means they can develop muscles easily and achieve the body they want faster. Examples of such body type are Vin Diesel, Madonna or Jessica Alba.
Tips for Mesomorph
- Good news for you. You can do everything but in moderation.
- You can do cardio to stay lean but remember not to overdo it.
- Repetitive weights training with 30s – 1 min rest interval is recommended.
- 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats dieting is the most ideal. All you need is to have enough calorie intake to stay lean and avoid losing weight.